Company Overview: Carpentry Plus Inc. (CPI) is an industry leader in the Mass Timber Construction market. We have developed a track record of high performance through our exceptional skill and innovative mindset. CPI holds teamwork, collaboration, and creative thinking in the highest regard. When you join our team, you are joining a family that is invested in bringing our best to each project for the good of everyone involved.
As a lead carpenter at CPI, you will be leading a team in the construction of commercial mass timber structures composed of prefabricated components including Glue Laminated Timber, Cross Laminated Timber, Mass Plywood Panel, and steel connections. Working with the Project Manager you will set weekly goals and lead the team to meet them with the highest standards of quality, safety, and integrity.
- Ensure team adherence to safety standards at all times
- Oversee rough and finish carpentry work during offsite prefabrication and onsite construction
- Work with our Project Manager to ensure all weekly goals are met
- Participate in project planning such as: build plan, crane plan, and site safety plan etc.
- Lead and coach a team of 5 to 8 carpenters
- Proactively create development opportunities for each member of the crew within daily activities
- Collaborate and communicate professionally with other project stakeholders including GC, Owners, Architects, Engineers, and other trades.
- Engage team in daily, reflection, planning, and improvement
- Open to serving in other areas of the company as needs arise.
- Experience leading and coaching a team
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills using tact, understanding and respect
- Ability to read and understand Plan Sets and Shop Drawings
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to travel within the PNW
- Valid Driver’s License and dependable transportation
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75lbs
- Forklift Certified
- Boom and Scissor Lift Certified
- OSHA 30
- Willingness to travel outside of PNW for projects
- Mass Timber Experience
- Steel Erection Experience
- Certified Welder
- Rigging Experience/Certified Rigger
- 4, 10hr work schedule (typical)
- Medical Plan
- Eye and Dental Plan
- Paid Vacation Hrs.
- Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Cell Phone Plan Reimbursement